From City News Service
HOLLYWOOD — Motorists here are already seeing detour signs on city streets in advance of Sunday’s 86th Academy Awards ceremony.
Some alleys, sidewalks and curb lanes have been closed near Hollywood Boulevard and Highland Avenue since Sunday or Monday. Hollywood Boulevard is closed between Orange Drive and Highland. The stretch will remain closed until 6 a.m. Tuesday.
Also closed are:
• The south sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard between Orange and Highland with the exception of an 8-foot pedestrian access.
• The north sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard directly in front of the Dolby Theatre portal.
• The north sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard from Highland to Orange, with the exception of an 8-foot pedestrian access.
• The pedestrian mid-block crosswalk on Hollywood Boulevard between Highland and Orange.
• The Hawthorn Alley on the east side of the El Capitan Theatre from Hollywood Boulevard south for 210 feet.
On Friday, Hawthorn Avenue will close between Highland and Orange.
On Saturday, the day before the show, a series of other closures will begin including:
• Orchid Street from 60 feet south of Franklin Boulevard to Orchid Alley.
• Orange Drive from Orchid Alley to Hollywood Boulevard.
• The north and south sidewalks of Hawthorn Avenue from Highland to Orange.
• The north sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard from Highland to Orange.
• The west sidewalk of Highland from Johnny Grant Way south to Hollywood Boulevard.
• Johnny Grant Way from Highland to Orchid Street.
• On Sunday, the following restrictions will take effect:
• The remainder of Hawthorn Alley from Orange to Highland will close.
• Orange will close from Hawthorn to Hollywood Boulevard.
• The north and south sidewalks of Hollywood Boulevard from Highland to 300 feet east of Highland will close.
• The south sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard will close directly in front of the north-south running Hawthorn Alley.
• The east and west sidewalks of Highland from Hollywood Boulevard to Hawthorn will close.
• The east sidewalk of Highland will close from Yucca Street south to the alley.
• The north and south crosswalks on Hollywood Boulevard at the Highland intersection.
• Hollywood Boulevard will be closed from La Brea Boulevard to Orange Drive, and from Highland Avenue to Cahuenga Boulevard.
• Hawthorn Avenue will close between Orange Drive and La Brea, and from Highland and McCadden Place.
• McCadden Place will close from Yucca Street to Hollywood Boulevard.
• Wilcox Avenue will close between Sunset and Cahuenga boulevards.
• On Oscar Sunday, Red Line trains will bypass the Hollywood and Highland station. Regular service will resume Monday.
MTA bus routes along Hollywood Boulevard will be re-routed during the street closures.